Important Update for CMHD
Central Montana Health District
Public Health Office, Environmental Health and the Junk Vehicle Program
have all moved to a new office space-we are now located at:
300 1st ave N. Suite 201, Lewistown, MT 59457
Please make these changes to your contact list.
New Vaccines Required for School Attendance
New vaccination requirements for children to attend school are in place for the 2015-2016 school year.
The 2015 Montana Legislature revised school immunization requirements for school attendance through the passage of House Bill (HB) 158. The law, signed by the Governor and effective October 1, 2015, requires students attending school be vaccinated against varicella disease (chickenpox) and receive a booster of pertussis vaccine at 7th grade.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 25, 2015
Contact: Jon Ebelt, Public Information Officer, DPHHS, (406) 444-0936
Chuck Council, Communications Specialist, DPHHS, (406) 444-4391
CMHD Upcoming Flu Clinics
The Public Health nurses from Central Montana Health District will be coming to your community to offer the 2019-2020 seasonal influenza vaccination (flu shot). Influenza vaccine is the best protection from influenza and it's complications. If you will be attending one of our clinics and are in need of another vaccine other than or in addition to influenza (Hepatitis, HPV, Tetanus, etc), please contact our office so we are better prepared to serve you.
***If you have any questions, please contact the Central Montana Health District Public Health Office at (406) 535-3983.
Seasonal Flu Clinic Dates:
Tuesday, October 1, 2019
- Stanford School 9:30 am - 11:30 am
- Stanford Senior Center 11:45 am - 12:30 pm
- Stanford Courthouse 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Thursday, October 3, 2019
- Hobson School 9:00 am - 11:00 am
- Hobson Senior Center 11:30 am
- Geyser School 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Tuesday, October 8, 2019
- Roundup Courthouse 10:30 am
- Melstone School 12:30 pm
Thursday, October 9, 2019
- Judith Gap RESCHEDULED DUE TO WEATHER
Thursday, October 10, 2019
- Winnett Senior Center 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
- Winnett School 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Tuesday, October 15, 2019 (look for the BCBS Carevan)
- Ryegate School 9:30 am - 11:00 am
- Lavina School 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
- Golden Valley Colony 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Wednesday, October 16, 2019 (look for the BCBS Carevan)
- Hillcrest School 8:30 am - 10:30 am
- Harlowton High School 11:30 am - 1:30 pm
Wednesday, October 23, 2019
- Judith Gap School 8:00 am - 10:00 am
- Strawberry Roan
Wednesday, October 30, 2019
- Lavina Senior Center 11:00 am - 11:45 am
- Ryegate Senior Center 12:15 pm - 1:00 pm
Immunization Clinics following ACIP Recommendations
The Central Montana Health District-Public Health Program and the Fergus County Nurses Office want the best vaccine protection for our clients. Following ACIP recommendations, clients and parents are encouraged to not give an OTC (Over-the-Counter) pain medication or fever reducer prior to or during an immunization visit.
Pertussis (Whooping Cough) -- What you need to know
Resurgence of Pertussis Makes Vaccination Important for People of all Ages
Whooping cough, also known as pertussis, has remained one of the public health community’s most troublesome issues. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has released their 2012 Provisional Pertussis Surveillance Report.